By Cody Taylor
With all the Bowl games over and the College season all wrapped up its time for my first Mock draft of the year.
1. Texans: Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville It became painfully clear this season thee Matt Schaub isnt the answer in Houston anymore and Bridgewater looks like a franchise QB.
2. Rams: Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M The Rams need to protect Bradford and picking Matthews here helps a lot.
3. Jaguars: Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M The Jags are in desperate need of a Franchise QB and drafting Johnny Football will certainly provide a lift on and off the field.
4. Browns: Blake Bortles QB UCF 2012 First Round pick Brandon Weeden looks like a bust and whoever the new Head Coach is will want his own guy to start over with.
5. Raiders: Sammy Watkins WR Clemson Oakland needs a playmaker bad and Sammy Watkins is without a doubt that and he’ll make an instant impact.
6. Falcons: Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina the Falcons need to improve their Defense and Clowney will look to make an impact right away.
7. Buccaneers: Kahlil Mack DE/OLB Buffalo I’m sure that Tampa Bay would prefer Clowney over Mack but I highly doubt he’ll still be on the board at 7 but the Buccaneers get Kahlil Mack who is still a good player and should help improve a Tampa D that was really bad this season.
8. Vikings: Derek Carr QB Fresno State The Vikings need a QB BAD and will probably try to trade up to take one of the top 3 QBs because im just not sold on Carr as a franchise QB but the Vikings might just be desperate enough to take him at 8 just like they were in 2011 when they took Christian Ponder 12th overall.
9. Bills:Mike Evans WR Texas A&M the Bills have a young QB who may be able to grow into their franchise QB that they’ve been in need of forever and with the WR talent in this draft this is a pretty good pick while Buffalo has 2 solid Wide Outs they don’t have a pure #1 and I feel as if Mike Evans can be that guy for the Bills.
10. Lions: Marqise Lee WR USC This year showed that the lions Offense falls apart when Megatron is not available and need to add another playmaking Wideout and Lee is just that.
11. Titans: Anthony Barr DE/OLB UCLA Titans are a few players and a few less injurys away from being a playoff team and if they get Anthony Barr here then its a real steal and should consider themselves lucky to get a player of his caliber at 11.
12. Giants: Greg Robinson OT Auburn Giants were terribly disappointing this year and some suspect line play was a factor. with injuries and some guys moving positions it can open up a spot for Robinson to start right away.
13. Rams: HaHa Clinton-Dix S Alabama The Rams Defense came on late in the season and looked really good towards the end of the season but its still clear that they need to get an upgrade at the other safety spot and haha Clinton-Dix is arguable the best Defensive Back in this Draft.
14. Bears: Louis Nix NT Notre Dame this should be a no-brainier for the Bears here he will upgrade the D-line right away and should look to start from week one on.
15. Steelers: Ra’Shede Hageman DE/DT Minnesota The Steelers would probably prefer to get a wideout here but with the Top 3 at the position gone its unclear right if any of the others are worth a pick this high righ now so right now I have the Steelers taking Hageman who will improve the Steelers D but might need a year or two to adjust to the NFL.
16. Cowboys: Kony Ealy DE Missouri tjis would be a steal for the Cowboys to get the Dynamic Ealy at 16 but a Team could fall in love with him and take him earlier.
17. Ravens: Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU the Ravens are missing a legit #2 and getting Benjamin who is over 6-5 will be a big athletic target for Joe Flacco.
18. Jets: Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech If the Jets expect Geno Smith to develop into a franchise QB theyll need to surround hin with some weapons which they just dont have any on offense right now. its a toss up cright now between Amaro and Ebron for the best TE in the draft and right now I have Amaro ahead by a little bit.
19. Dolphins: Taylor Lewan OT Michigan its well documented what has happened this season to the Dolphins Tackles this year and hopefully taking Lewan here will be a step if getting past this season’s drama.
20. Cardinals: Vic Beasley OLB Clemson The Cardinals already have a pretty good D and adding Beasley here makes sense and would just make it that much better.
21. Bengals: Calvin Pryor S Louisville The Bengals have a nice Secondary and adding Pryor would provide so much needed depth and a guy who was a big part of Louisville’s Defensive this Season.
22. Eagles: Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State The Eagles Defense was much improved this Season but still struggled against the pass and taking Dennard here who is arguable the best CB in the Draft.
23. Chiefs: Eric Ebron TE North Carolina The Chiefs need to upgrade at the TE position and Eric Ebron is very skilled and will give Alex Smith a much needed playmaker.
24. Packers: C.J Mosley ILB Alabama with A.J. Hawk just turned 30 and the Packers could look to go younger and Mosley be a big time steal if he falls this far.
25. Chargers: Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State The Chargers secondary looked pretty bad this season the they are in need of an upgrade and I like Gilbert here and think he’ll help out right away.
26. Browns via Colts: Allen Robinson WR Penn State I have the Browns taking Blake Bortles earlier in my Mock and they’ll need to get him a good Wideout and right now I have Robinson as the 5th best WR in this Draft.
27. Saints: Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama The Saints would get a bog steal if Kouandjio falls here and he would improve a Saints O-line that is already pretty good.
28. 49ers: Marcus Roberson CB Florida the 49ers will need to improve their CB’s as Carlos Rogers play declined this season and with how much money he’s due next season the team might just go ahead and release him.
29. Patriots: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington The Patriots need to Draft a TE and Seferian-Jenkins is the 3rd best behing Amaro and Ebron
30. Panthers: Antonio Richardson OT Tennessee Richardson probably would have been better off returning to school to improve his 1st round status Bit the Panthers need to Draft a Tackle, Jordan Gross is 33 and is a free agent after this season so even if they bring him back they’ll need to groom his replacement and Richardson could really be helped by sitting and watching a seasoned vet for 2 or 3 years.
31. Broncos: Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State The Broncos are in need of another playmaking LB to improve a run defense that struggled this season.
32. Seahawks: Zack Martin OG/OT The Seahawks need some at both Guard positions and Martin will help protect Wilson and make holes for Beast mode to run through.
Featured on DC Pro Sports Report